If you are planning to sell your home in Sudbury this fall, then it must be ready to sell and give buyers an incentive to act now.
Staging your home can make a huge difference when it comes to finding the right buyer and selling your home in a timely manner. Just like anything else, people love a good a home with a great aesthetic. It is all about marketing your home but with extra visual appeal.
Here are a few tips to get you going on staging your home to sell it this fall:
- One of the first things to do is to view your home from a buyer’s perspective. Look through each room and determine what difference you can make for a more appealing look.
- Next thing is to make your home free of clutter. It should not contain any personal belongings because it won’t have the selling vibe if the buyer can associate your personalization with the space. Read more tips to declutter your home.
- The house should look clean. Ensure that walls, tiles, floors, kitchen, bathrooms, and other areas are as clean as possible. For a neater look, you can have the house freshly painted too. Choose neutral colours or pastels to do so.
- If the house is furnished, it should be arranged well. Organization is the key. You can also take the help of a professional interior designer that specializes in home staging, or simply watch a few YouTube tutorials focused on home staging.
- When you are expecting the buyers to pay a visit, ensure that the house is well-lit. Open up the curtains to let in the natural light. Additionally, use incandescent bulbs of higher wattage to brighten up the interior.
- You should also highlight the best features of the home to the buyers. If the house has hardwood floors, get rid of the rugs hiding them. In the case that your house has nice views, keep the curtains open so the buyers can clearly see what the view has to offer.
- The house exteriors are as important as the interiors. Maybe even more because the buyers are going to have a first impression from them when they enter. Make sure that the front and back yards are clean and well-maintained. If the house has a pool, make it clean and decorate the surrounding area.
- When the buyers are expected to pay a visit, make a welcoming environment. You can make the house smell nice by lighting scented candles or baking something in the oven. Just make sure the scents you choose aren’t overpowering.
If you are still living in the house at the time of the staging, ensure that you are ready when people view the home. Switch off the television and relocate the pets when the buyers are going to visit. For more detailed and professional advice on home staging, and selling your home in Sudbury, you can take advice from real estate agents and home staging experts.
Investing a bit into proper home staging can connect you with the appropriate buyers, which is the ultimately the goal of anyone seeking to sell their home.
If you need more assistance with selling your home, or have any questions, please contact me today.